Though both the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security concede that they have “no information regarding the timing, location or target of any planned attack,” they have issued a flurry of terror alerts across the country in the past few days.
The alerts sparked a lot of enhanced security across the nation, but even those doing the enhancing were quick to note that there was “no credible threat” to any of the potential targets.
The latest speculation about attacks appear to stem from the high-profile arrest of 26-year old airport shuttle driver Najibullah Zazi, which officials have claimed was linked to terrorism but has not prompted any terror-related charges.
The primary evidence culled from Zazi’s arrest were “bomb-making materials,” which consisted of little more than a battery powered scale and some extra batteries for it. It has been speculated that the scale might hypothetically have been intended to weigh explosives at some point in the future. An imam who was an FBI informant was also arrested because he told Zazi he had been asked about him.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Report: Saudis Dismembered Journalist While He Was Still Alive, Audio Recording Shows - October 17th, 2018
- Israeli Ambassador to France Slammed for Attempt to Censor News - October 16th, 2018
- Suspects in Journalist's Disappearance Linked to Saudi Crown Prince - October 16th, 2018
- Erdogan: Turkey to Expand Military Operations Against Syrian Kurds - October 16th, 2018
- Koreas Agree to Reconnect Rail, Road Links - October 16th, 2018