VP Insists War "Worth" Rising Death Toll
With the record for foreign troop deaths in a single month in Afghanistan set over a week ago, Vice President Joe Biden was hardly going out on a limb today when he predicted that more troops would be killed in the ever-worsening, seemingly endless war.
Yet Biden insisted that ongoing war “is worth the effort we are making and the sacrifice that is being felt,” claiming that if the region “doesn’t get straightened out” it “will continue to wreak havoc on Europe and the United States.
Yet nearly eight years after the initial US-led invasion of Afghanistan, things are far from straightening out. IED attacks are on the rise, along with US air sorties. The Taliban is launching increasingly bold attacks across the nation, and fears are that the war will ultimately destabilize Tajikistan the way it has Pakistan.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- UN Envoy: Yemen Factions Don't Want to Talk as Violence Escalates - March 14th, 2017
- US Missile Drones Deployed to North Korea Border - March 14th, 2017
- Anne Patterson Withdrawn From Defense Undersecretary Nomination - March 14th, 2017
- UN Blames Syria Bombing for Damascus Water Outages - March 14th, 2017
- Syrian Peace Talks Appear Dead as Rebels Boycott - March 14th, 2017