At Least Four Others Wounded
Last Updated 4/29 7:15 PM EST
US drones flying over Pakistan’s South Waziristan Agency fired a pair of missiles at a house described as a “known safe-haven,” killing at least ten people and wounding four others. The house and a vehicle of unknown configuration were also destroyed.
The attack was the first in over a week – an attack on April 19 in South Waziristan killed eight civilians, many of them women and children, and successfully destroyed a ceasefire negotiated between the Tehreek-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP) and the Pakistani government just one day prior.
The number and severity of the attacks have risen dramatically since President Barack Obama took office. The Pakistani government continues to publicly object to the drone strikes, saying they are undermining its support in the region, but it has been repeatedly shown that they are privately providing both target ideas and direct support for the US attacks.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Afghan Presidential Election Heading for Run-Off - April 24th, 2014
- US to Russia: End Ukraine Protests or Face Immediate Sanctions - April 24th, 2014
- Ukraine FM: Army 'Ready to Fight Russia' - April 24th, 2014
- Putin Slams Ukraine Attack on Slovyansk, Threatens 'Consequences' - April 24th, 2014
- Ukraine Troops Attack Slovyansk, Killing Five - April 24th, 2014