At Least Four Others Wounded
Last Updated 4/29 7:15 PM EST
US drones flying over Pakistan’s South Waziristan Agency fired a pair of missiles at a house described as a “known safe-haven,” killing at least ten people and wounding four others. The house and a vehicle of unknown configuration were also destroyed.
The attack was the first in over a week – an attack on April 19 in South Waziristan killed eight civilians, many of them women and children, and successfully destroyed a ceasefire negotiated between the Tehreek-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP) and the Pakistani government just one day prior.
The number and severity of the attacks have risen dramatically since President Barack Obama took office. The Pakistani government continues to publicly object to the drone strikes, saying they are undermining its support in the region, but it has been repeatedly shown that they are privately providing both target ideas and direct support for the US attacks.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Libya Rebels Deny Reports Oil Tanker Was Captured by Navy - March 10th, 2014
- Russia to Offer Ukraine 'Counterproposals' - March 10th, 2014
- Ukraine MP: Nation Needs New Nuclear Weapons Arsenal - March 10th, 2014
- Cameron Willing to Damage London Economy to 'Punish Putin' - March 10th, 2014
- Netanyahu Blasts West for Not Being Convinced by 'Gaza Ship' - March 10th, 2014