Foreign Militants Were in Home at the Time
US drones launched a missile attack against a home in North Waziristan on Saturday morning, killing at least 13 and wounding at least eight others. Officials say that civilians were among the casualties caused by the two missiles. One intelligence official said that foreign militants were staying in the home at the time of the attack.
That attack occurred in the Datta Khel area, at around 3 AM. It was the latest in a growing number of attacks launched by the Obama Administration over the past two months.
The attacks have largely centered around followers of TTP chief Baitullah Mehsud, and Mehsud says the terror attack in Lahore earlier this week was retaliation for the US attacks. Mehsud has also threatened to launch “an attack in Washington that will amaze everyone in the world.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Massing Thousands of Vehicles in Kuwait for ISIS War - December 26th, 2014
- Syria Kills 50 in Airstrikes on ISIS-Held Towns - December 26th, 2014
- Russian's New Military Doctrine Views NATO as Key Risk - December 26th, 2014
- ISIS Struggles With Governance, But Retains Hold on Territory - December 26th, 2014
- After Prisoner Exchange, Ukraine Peace Talks Abruptly End - December 26th, 2014