Military Dismisses Reported Killings as "Hearsay"
The Israeli military announced today that they are abandoning the investigation stemming from public testimony by several veterans of the Gaza invasion who reported the indiscriminate killing of innocent civilians by military personnel and extremely lax rules of engagement.
Ultimately, they decided that all the testimony from every single soldier who reported these events was based on hearsay, and that not a single one of them was true, sparking astonishment that the Israeli military has so quickly and publicly condemned its own soldiers as liars in the press.
The investigation came after growing international outrage over the military’s conduct of the war, which killed nearly 1,000 civilians in 22 days. Pressure increased considerably after troops said some of the actions amounted to “cold blooded murder.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- UN Envoy: Yemen Factions Don't Want to Talk as Violence Escalates - March 14th, 2017
- US Missile Drones Deployed to North Korea Border - March 14th, 2017
- Anne Patterson Withdrawn From Defense Undersecretary Nomination - March 14th, 2017
- UN Blames Syria Bombing for Damascus Water Outages - March 14th, 2017
- Syrian Peace Talks Appear Dead as Rebels Boycott - March 14th, 2017