The Israeli military announced today that they are abandoning the investigation stemming from public testimony by several veterans of the Gaza invasion who reported the indiscriminate killing of innocent civilians by military personnel and extremely lax rules of engagement.
Ultimately, they decided that all the testimony from every single soldier who reported these events was based on hearsay, and that not a single one of them was true, sparking astonishment that the Israeli military has so quickly and publicly condemned its own soldiers as liars in the press.
The investigation came after growing international outrage over the military’s conduct of the war, which killed nearly 1,000 civilians in 22 days. Pressure increased considerably after troops said some of the actions amounted to “cold blooded murder.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pompeo Rejects EU Appeal for Iran Sanctions Exemptions - July 16th, 2018
- US Commander: Afghan ISIS Resilient to US Attacks, Almost Impossible to Defeat - July 16th, 2018
- Israel Attacks on Aleppo Air Base Killed at Least 22 - July 16th, 2018
- White House Orders Diplomats to Seek Direct Talks With Afghan Taliban - July 16th, 2018
- US Airstrikes Kill at Least Eight Civilians in Eastern Syria - July 16th, 2018