The Israeli military announced today that they are abandoning the investigation stemming from public testimony by several veterans of the Gaza invasion who reported the indiscriminate killing of innocent civilians by military personnel and extremely lax rules of engagement.
Ultimately, they decided that all the testimony from every single soldier who reported these events was based on hearsay, and that not a single one of them was true, sparking astonishment that the Israeli military has so quickly and publicly condemned its own soldiers as liars in the press.
The investigation came after growing international outrage over the military’s conduct of the war, which killed nearly 1,000 civilians in 22 days. Pressure increased considerably after troops said some of the actions amounted to “cold blooded murder.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- General: Pentagon to Soon Begin Drawdown of US Troops From Border - November 19th, 2018
- Trump, Pakistan PM Engage in War of Words on Twitter - November 19th, 2018
- Taliban: No Deadline for Ending Afghan War Reached in Meetings - November 19th, 2018
- Saudi FM Dismisses CIA Assessment of Khashoggi Killing - November 19th, 2018
- Pentagon Denies Killing Civilians in Eastern Syrian Airstrikes - November 19th, 2018