The Israeli military announced today that they are abandoning the investigation stemming from public testimony by several veterans of the Gaza invasion who reported the indiscriminate killing of innocent civilians by military personnel and extremely lax rules of engagement.
Ultimately, they decided that all the testimony from every single soldier who reported these events was based on hearsay, and that not a single one of them was true, sparking astonishment that the Israeli military has so quickly and publicly condemned its own soldiers as liars in the press.
The investigation came after growing international outrage over the military’s conduct of the war, which killed nearly 1,000 civilians in 22 days. Pressure increased considerably after troops said some of the actions amounted to “cold blooded murder.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Again Gets Caught Up in Prediction of Syria Victory 'by Tonight' - March 21st, 2019
- Pompeo Threatens to Curb Israel Ties Over Growing Israeli Trade With China - March 21st, 2019
- Bolton Vows Action Against Venezuela's Maduro, Says 'the Window Is Closing' - March 21st, 2019
- Pentagon Sends B-52 Bombers to Europe for Exercises Amid Tensions With Russia - March 21st, 2019
- Trump Endorses Israeli Annexation of Golan Heights - March 21st, 2019