A 12 year old Iraqi girl was killed today when US forces fired “warning shots” at a vehicle in Nineveh Province. The press release said the girl was standing about 100 meters behind the vehicle which was being warned: it was not clear if the drivers of the vehicle were sufficiently surprised by the shooting of the innocent girl just 100 meters from them.
Colonel Volesky, the commander of US Forces in Nineveh officially “expresses his condolences to the girl’s family for the unfortunate accident.” The military says the killing is currently under investigation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon Fails Its First Ever Audit - November 15th, 2018
- Senate Rejects Sen. Rand Paul's Bid to Block Arms Sales to Bahrain - November 15th, 2018
- Afghan Officials Say 60 Taliban Killed in Ghazni Airstrike - November 14th, 2018
- Saudi Airstrike Kills Seven Civilians in Yemen's Hodeidah - November 14th, 2018
- EU Struggles to Find Host for Iran Trade Clearing House - November 14th, 2018