Speaking at an Israeli cabinet meeting today, Military Intelligence chief Major-General Amos Yadlin declared that Iran “has crossed the technological threshold, so that reaching a military nuclear ability is only a matter of matching the strategy to the goal of creating a nuclear bomb.”
The claim comes in spite of comments from US Defense Secretary Robert Gates that “they’re not close to a weapon at this point,” and very clear comments last month from the IAEA that Iran did not have the technological capability to create a nuclear weapon, nor were they diverting any of their uranium to any such purpose.
Maj.-Gen. Yadlin’s claims, and the resulting conclusion in the Israeli media that this signals Iran crossing “the point of no return” come ominously on the heels of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy (WINEP) warning that the Israeli government was seriously considering launching an attack on Iran.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon Officials See at Least Two More Years of Somalia Combat - December 10th, 2017
- Worldwide Protests Continue Over Trump's Jerusalem Declaration - December 10th, 2017
- Jerusalem Protests Continue Across Palestine - December 10th, 2017
- US Pushes Diplomatic Isolation for North Korea, Despite Being 'Open to Talks' - December 10th, 2017
- State Dept Spends $1 Million Funding Venezuela Opposition - December 10th, 2017