Speaking at an Israeli cabinet meeting today, Military Intelligence chief Major-General Amos Yadlin declared that Iran “has crossed the technological threshold, so that reaching a military nuclear ability is only a matter of matching the strategy to the goal of creating a nuclear bomb.”
The claim comes in spite of comments from US Defense Secretary Robert Gates that “they’re not close to a weapon at this point,” and very clear comments last month from the IAEA that Iran did not have the technological capability to create a nuclear weapon, nor were they diverting any of their uranium to any such purpose.
Maj.-Gen. Yadlin’s claims, and the resulting conclusion in the Israeli media that this signals Iran crossing “the point of no return” come ominously on the heels of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy (WINEP) warning that the Israeli government was seriously considering launching an attack on Iran.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Yemeni Forces Stop Houthis Attempt to Reopen Hodeidah Supply Route - October 18th, 2018
- Trump Threatens to Send Military to Close Border With Mexico - October 18th, 2018
- US Opposes Koreas' New No-Fly Zone Plans - October 18th, 2018
- Trump Administration Bans US Aid Groups From North Korea - October 18th, 2018
- Sen. Corker: Trump Must End Intel Clampdown on Khashoggi - October 18th, 2018