Speaking at an Israeli cabinet meeting today, Military Intelligence chief Major-General Amos Yadlin declared that Iran “has crossed the technological threshold, so that reaching a military nuclear ability is only a matter of matching the strategy to the goal of creating a nuclear bomb.”
The claim comes in spite of comments from US Defense Secretary Robert Gates that “they’re not close to a weapon at this point,” and very clear comments last month from the IAEA that Iran did not have the technological capability to create a nuclear weapon, nor were they diverting any of their uranium to any such purpose.
Maj.-Gen. Yadlin’s claims, and the resulting conclusion in the Israeli media that this signals Iran crossing “the point of no return” come ominously on the heels of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy (WINEP) warning that the Israeli government was seriously considering launching an attack on Iran.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Claims ISIS 'Rebuilding' in Syria as Turkey Invasion Distracts From Fight - March 19th, 2018
- Turkey's Erdogan Vows Wider Offensive Against US-Backed Syrian Kurds - March 19th, 2018
- Russia Demands British Apology as EU, NATO Express Solidarity With Britain - March 19th, 2018
- Trump, Kim Summit Likely to Be Held in DMZ Village - March 19th, 2018
- Afghan Special Forces Slaughter Farmers in Chaotic Errant Attack - March 19th, 2018