Secretary of State Hillary Clinton lashed out at the Iranian government today, declaring them a threat to the Middle East, Europe and Russia. Clinton also claimed that “it is clear that Iran intends to interfere with the internal affairs of all of these people.”
Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei expressed disappointment with the Obama Administration’s foreign policy today, saying that the new administration was pursuing the same “wrong path” as President Bush did.
Though President Obama campaigned on the idea of approaching Iran diplomatically, his officials have repeatedly publicly accused the Iranian government of attempting to acquire nuclear weapons and has rebuffed Iranian attempts to improve relations.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Key Iraqi Shi'ite Militia Chief Wants Fighters Placed Under National Army - December 14th, 2017
- US Troops, Syrian Rebels Battle ISIS Near Key Base - December 14th, 2017
- US Will Preposition Jet Fuel in Algeria, Niger to Expand Drone Wars - December 14th, 2017
- US Warplanes Fire Warning Flares at Russian Jets Over Syria - December 14th, 2017
- Iran: US Presentation of Iranian Arms in Yemen Fabricated - December 14th, 2017