Secretary of State Hillary Clinton lashed out at the Iranian government today, declaring them a threat to the Middle East, Europe and Russia. Clinton also claimed that “it is clear that Iran intends to interfere with the internal affairs of all of these people.”
Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei expressed disappointment with the Obama Administration’s foreign policy today, saying that the new administration was pursuing the same “wrong path” as President Bush did.
Though President Obama campaigned on the idea of approaching Iran diplomatically, his officials have repeatedly publicly accused the Iranian government of attempting to acquire nuclear weapons and has rebuffed Iranian attempts to improve relations.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US-South Korea Spring War Games to Be Scaled Back This Year - March 21st, 2018
- Trump to Boost Exports of Lethal US Drones - March 20th, 2018
- Tests of Substance in Britain Poisoning Will Take Three Weeks - March 20th, 2018
- Iraq Approves Turkish Military Operations Against Border Kurds - March 20th, 2018
- Trump Praises Visiting Saudi Crown Prince, Focusing on Arms Sales - March 20th, 2018