Hundreds of angry protesters in Afghanistan’s Ghazni Province blocked roads and clashed with police today in protest over a reported incident in which Polish soldiers fired on a village mosque.
The Polish Defense Ministry denied any knowledge of any sort of incident involving their soldiers in Afghanistan. Afghan officials said the door of the mosque had been damaged by bullets, and protesters reported having witnessed the Polish forces raiding the mosque. Others reported that a Qu’ran in the building was damaged.
Afghan officials have met with the Polish forces regarding the incident, which does not appear to have injured anyone. Ghazni has been tense since an incident late last month in which US forces killed at least two civilians in a raid.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump to Boost Exports of Lethal US Drones - March 20th, 2018
- Tests of Substance in Britain Poisoning Will Take Three Weeks - March 20th, 2018
- Iraq Approves Turkish Military Operations Against Border Kurds - March 20th, 2018
- Trump Praises Visiting Saudi Crown Prince, Focusing on Arms Sales - March 20th, 2018
- Cordial Talks Between Trump and Putin; Two Will Meet Soon - March 20th, 2018