Israeli warplanes attacked Islamic University of Gaza, the oldest university in the Gaza Strip today. No injuries were reported but the strikes destroyed several buildings on the female portion of the campus and damaged many other buildings near the university. Another college run by the university in southern Gaza City was also attacked.
The university reportedly evacuated its campuses days ago, expecting an Israeli attack at some point during its ongoing offensive. Many high ranking Hamas officials graduated from the 30 year old university, a key cultural symbol for the Hamas government.
As the death toll continues to spiral in the strip, Palestinians are reportedly receiving threatening phone calls from the Israeli military, ordering them to abandon their homes. The military has also said it will not hesitate to attack the homes of civilians whom it suspects of protecting Hamas members.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Foreign ISIS Fighters Left in Raqqa Face 'Certain Death' - October 22nd, 2017
- US-Made Vehicles Led Iraqi Invasion of Kurdish Town - October 22nd, 2017
- Niger Ambush Serves as Excuse for AFRICOM to Seek More Funds - October 22nd, 2017
- Catalan Leaders Vow to Resist Spain's Attempted Takeover - October 22nd, 2017
- Spain Seeks Huge Power Transfer in Trying to Oust Catalan Leadership - October 22nd, 2017