The National Intelligence Council (NIC) is expected to release a draft copy of a report titled “Global Trends 2025: A Transformed World” as soon as tomorrow. The report will predict a variety of changes to the global situation over the next 17 years, and predict an end to American military and economic dominance of the world according to the Washington Times.
The US dollar will be predicted to “lose its status as an unparalleled global reserve currency” and “state capitalism,” a system with a heavily state-planned economy, as envisioned to find growing support across the world.
Beyond that it predicts an increased economic and military role for China, a reunification of Korea, and growing roles for Indonesia, Turkey, and “post-clerically run Iran,” suggesting that the report has built in the assumption of regime change.
NIC head Thomas Fingar has also revealed that the document will predict a decline in the relevance of terrorism, and growing conflicts over limited agricultural land and water in the Middle East as the population increases.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Airstrike in Northern Syria Kills 20 Civilians, Mostly Children - March 21st, 2018
- Britain, Russia Continue to Trade Accusations Over Salisbury Poisoning - March 21st, 2018
- US, North Korea, and South Korea Hold Constructive Talks in Finland - March 21st, 2018
- Israel Publicly Admits 2007 Attack on Syria 'Nuclear Reactor' - March 21st, 2018
- Trump Pushes Europe on Iran Deal, But May Kill Deal Either Way - March 21st, 2018