Updated 10/26 6:50 PM EST
This is the second reported US drone strike in the past few days, and the 12th in the past 10 weeks, with a strike on Thursday morning on a North Waziristan Agency religious school killing 10. The previous attack was publicly condemned by several Pakistani Senators as an attack on the sovereignty of Pakistan’s parliament, which had recently passed a 14-point resolution criticizing the strikes and urging Pakistan to “de-link” its security policy from the US war on terror.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Kills Four in Northeast Yemen Drone Strike - March 11th, 2014
- Crimea Declares Independence, But Referendum Will Change That - March 11th, 2014
- Kerry: No Putin Talks Unless Russia Gives In on Ukraine - March 11th, 2014
- Netanyahu: Chance of Peace Fading, Palestinians to Blame - March 11th, 2014
- Netanyahu 'Regrets' Israeli Killing of Jordan Judge - March 11th, 2014