• Antiwar.com
  • Viewpoints
  • News
  • Blog
  • Contact Us
  • Donate

State Department Official: No ‘Gentlemen’s Agreement’ With Russia on Maintaining New START Limits

by Dave DeCamp | Feb 17, 2026

A State Department official said on Tuesday that he wasn't aware of any informal understanding between the US and Russia on maintaining the limits imposed by New START, the last nuclear arms control treaty between the two powers that expired earlier this month. New...

read more

Lavrov Says Russia Will Maintain New START Limits If US Does the Same

by Dave DeCamp | Feb 12, 2026

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said on Wednesday that Russia will maintain the limits on its nuclear arsenal imposed by the now-expired New START treaty if the US does the same. New START was the last nuclear arms control treaty between the US and Russia and...

read more

Arms Control Experts Warn of Threat to Global Security as New START Treaty Expires

by Dave DeCamp | Feb 5, 2026

Arms control experts issued a statement on Thursday warning of risks to global security due to the expiration of New START, the last nuclear arms control treaty between the US and Russia, without a replacement. "We express our profound concern that, following the...

read more

Trump Says US and Russia Should Negotiate New Nuclear Treaty Instead of Extending New START

by Dave DeCamp | Feb 5, 2026

President Trump has said that the US and Russia should negotiate a new nuclear arms control treaty instead of extending New START, the last piece of nuclear arms control between the two powers, which expired on Thursday. "Rather than extend 'NEW START' (A badly...

read more

Moscow: US and Russia ‘No Longer Bound’ by New START Limits as Treaty Set to Expire

by Dave DeCamp | Feb 4, 2026

The Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement that it believes the US and Russia are no longer bound by New START, the last remaining nuclear arms control treaty between the two powers, which is set to expire on Thursday. "In the current circumstances, we assume...

read more

Rutte Says NATO Forces Will Be Deployed to Ukraine ‘Instantly’ Once a Peace Deal Is Signed

by Dave DeCamp | Feb 4, 2026

NATO Secretary-General Mark Rutte said on Tuesday that once a peace deal is signed between Russia and Ukraine, NATO troops will "instantly" deploy to Ukrainian territory. Russia has made clear that it would never accept a peace deal that involved NATO troops deploying...

read more

Russia Says US Silent on New START as Treaty Set to Expire

by Dave DeCamp | Feb 3, 2026

Russia said on Tuesday that the US still hasn't responded to Russian President Vladimir Putin's proposal regarding the New START, the last remaining nuclear arms control treaty between the two powers, which is set to expire on Thursday, February 5. New START doesn't...

read more

Poll: Vast Majority of Americans Want Trump To Accept Putin’s Offer on New START Treaty

by Dave DeCamp | Feb 1, 2026

The vast majority of American voters believe President Trump should accept Russian President Vladimir Putin's offer to maintain the limits on the US and Russia's nuclear arsenals set by the New START treaty, the last piece of nuclear arms control between the two...

read more

Over 170,000 Civilians Displaced by Fighting in Northeast Syria

by Jason Ditz | Jan 27, 2026

Fighting between the Syrian military and the Kurdish SDF continues with the government cracking down on perceived SDF loyalists and trying to consolidate gains from the recent offensives against them. Much has been said about the fighting, but less so about the people...

read more

Last Remaining Nuclear Arms Control Treaty Between the US and Russia To Expire in Less Than a Month

by Dave DeCamp | Jan 13, 2026

The last remaining nuclear arms control treaty between the US and Russia, the New START, is set to expire on February 5, which will leave the world's largest nuclear powers with no limits on the deployment of their nuclear weapons. The New START caps the number of...

read more
Page 1 of 3691234...1020...»Last
Scott Horton Provoked

Advertise on Antiwar.com

Search

Recent Stories

  • US Says 15,000 to 20,000 Escapees Remain at Large From Syrian ISIS Camp Exodus
  • Head of US Southern Command Visits Venezuela, Meets With Acting President Rodriguez
  • Report: Starmer Blocking Trump From Using UK Bases To Attack Iran
  • US Launches 36th Airstrike of the Year in Somalia
Randolph Bourne Institute

Topics

Iran Obama Turkey Ukraine China ISIS Gaza Afghanistan Russia North Korea Palestine Pentagon Syria Pakistan NATO Iraq Yemen Saudi Arabia Trump Israel

Resources

  • Reprint Policy
  • Antiwar.com Newsletter
  • Advertise on Antiwar.com
  • Front Page Archives
  • Donate to Antiwar.com
  • Submission Guidelines
  • Regional News
  • Front Page
  • Blog
  • News
  • Viewpoints
  • Submissions
  • About Us
  • Search
  • Donate

Follow Us

  • Follow
  • Follow
  • Follow
Reproduction of material from any original Antiwar.com pages without written permission is strictly prohibited.

©2025 Antiwar.com. All rights reserved.
A 501(c)3 Nonprofit, #71-0929026