Trump Says ‘War Is Over’ in Gaza Despite Israel Killing Over 600 Palestinians Since Ceasefire Deal Was Signed

At least two Palestinians were killed by Israeli forces over the past day, according to Gaza's Health Ministry

President Trump claimed at his first “Board of Peace” meeting on Thursday that the “war in Gaza is over” despite Israel’s repeated violations of the ceasefire deal, which have killed more than 600 Palestinians.

While declaring the conflict is over, Trump added that there have been “little flames,” an apparent acknowledgement of at least some ceasefire violations. Israeli attacks in Gaza continued as he held the meeting.

The mother of the deceased, Abdul Hamid al-Farra, and his relatives bid a final farewell to his body at the morgue of Nasser Medical Complex, after he was killed by Israeli army fire in the al-Tahliya area, east of Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip, on February 19, 2026 (IMAGO/APAimages via Reuters Connect)

Israeli airstrikes and shelling were reported across Gaza on Thursday, and at least one Palestinian was injured by Israeli gunfire in the southern city of Khan Younis. Photos from Gaza show Palestinians at the Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis on Thursday mourning a man who was killed by Israeli fire in the area.

Gaza’s Health Ministry said on Thursday that at least two Palestinians were killed by Israeli forces over the previous 24-hour period, bringing the total number of Palestinians killed since the deal was signed in early October to 611. Another 1,630 Palestinians have been injured.

The Health Ministry’s numbers account for dead and wounded Palestinians brought to hospitals and morgues. “A number of victims are still under the rubble and in the streets, as ambulance and civil defense crews have been unable to reach them so far,” the ministry wrote on Telegram.

Dave DeCamp is the news editor of Antiwar.com, follow him on Twitter @decampdave.

Join the Discussion!

We welcome thoughtful and respectful comments. Hateful language, illegal content, or attacks against Antiwar.com will be removed.

For more details, please see our Comment Policy.