Leaked video of US security contractors in Afghanistan getting blackout drunk and high on narcotics reveals “what former employees say was a pattern of outrageous behavior that put American lives at risk and went undetected by U.S. military officials who are supposed to oversee such contractors,” according to ABC News.
The intoxicated security personnel, employed by an American contractor called Jorge Scientific, which has been paid almost $1 billion by US taxpayers, were reportedly on duty at the time, but would have been completely unable to protect themselves or anyone else from insurgent attacks.
The use of alcohol or drugs by security contractors in Afghanistan is prohibited by the US military under what is known as General Order Number One. But soldiers in the US military, according to former employees of Jorge Scientific, would regularly attend drunken parties at the facility, including female soldiers who would often use the facility for sexual encounters with the contractors.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013