Israeli defense officials say rockets fired from Egypt toward Israel this month were smuggled from Libya, adding to the myriad of consequences resulting from the NATO-backed regime change there last year.
After the fall of Libyan dictator Muammar Gadhafi late last year, Libya’s vast stockpile of weapons were looted and smuggled all throughout the region. Back in August, Israeli officials publicly claimed such weapons had reached Gaza.
But now an Israeli defense official, speaking on condition of anonymity said Israel believes the rockets were stolen from a Libyan weapons storehouse and smuggled into Egypt.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013