Lt. Colonel Daniel Davis has received national attention for telling the American people that his experience in Afghanistan leads him to believe it is a lost war. And more than that, U.S. military leaders are systematically lying to the country about the facts on the ground.
The Pentagon has been critical of Davis’s public statements, with some unnamed officials even threatening to investigate him for “possible security violations.” Similarly, an apparent smear campaign is being waged against Davis in retaliation for his dissent.
Davis’s statements came about because of two reports he wrote for the U.S. military, one classified, one unclassified. Rolling Stone magazine has obtained an copy of the unclassified report. It begins: “Senior ranking U.S. military leaders have so distorted the truth when communicating with the U.S. Congress and American people in regards to conditions on the ground in Afghanistan that the truth has become unrecognizable. This deception has damaged America’s credibility among both our allies and enemies, severely limiting our ability to reach a political solution to the war in Afghanistan.”
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013