Just hours after two decapitated bodies were found on Wednesday in an SUV at the entrance of a mall in Mexico city – only the latest in a string of bloody spectacles – the Mexican government released a drug war body count of over 47,500 victims in five years. The mammoth number had been reported by independent media long before the release, but this confirmed what everyone has known about the failure of the drug war. The militaristic approach taken by the Calderon government in Mexico is ordered directly from Washington. And the result has been deadly.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013