Members of the Syrian opposition have suggested that the recent “suicide bombing” in Damascus was orchestrated by the Syrian government. They have pointed to a series of news clips that Syrian state TV aired “unedited” footage by “mistake”.
One video shows what appears to be an injured man on the ground standing up and walking away just before the end of the clip.
The second video, according to some opposition activists, shows a Syrian TV reporter placing “bags of vegetables” in the street to give the impression that some of the victims were people shopping in the nearby market.
The third video shows someone putting police gear in one of the damaged vans to portray that the victims in the vehicle were from the police force.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013