U.S. investment and business in Iraq quadrupled in 2011, along with huge gains for foreign businesses overall. Iraq’s oil industry in particular is attracting foreign companies as Iraq’s government spends billions of dollars to upgrade infrastructure to make the country a more attractive investment. U.S. companies reached deals worth $8.1 billion through Dec. 1, up from $2 billion last year and total foreign investment and business activity hit $70 billion, up from $42.7 billion last year.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013