According to senior British officials, the al Qaeda leadership in Pakistan is on the cusp of being definitively destroyed in 2012. But that is not a testament to the U.S. strategy of an unaccountable drone war, murdering innocents, and lavishly supporting the tyrannical regime there. In fact, the problems seem to simply be shifting out to other countries. At least two senior al Qaeda figures, for example, have made their way to Libya, raising fears that Africa will become a new theater in the war on terror.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013