Accused of the biggest intelligence leak in American history, Bradley Manning will begin the first stages of his military trial on Friday. But U.S. prosecutors are really trying to indict Julian Assange, who published Manning’s leaks. Investigators have been scrutinizing the details of the case in an attempt to hustle Assange into legal culpability, but the confidentiality protocols inherent in WikiLeak’s procedures as well as the fact that he did no different than many other major journalistic outlets, may prevent the predatory government from silencing Assange.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013