For monts the Pentagon has unleashed scare tactics in the media and on Capitol Hill to try and influence Congress away from cutting defense budgets. They claim any cuts would endanger national security and strangle their ability to do their jobs. But this is merely “a scare tactic by bureaucrats desperate to protect their turf.” The Defense Department is swimming in cash and can easily handle the cuts being gently proposed by Congress.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013