Accused of giving classified material to WikiLeaks, Bradley Manning has now been in pre-trial confinement for 560 days. He has been exposed to harsh conditions while in custody, including solitary confinement and forced nudity. Rights groups like Amnesty International and the United Nations Special Rapporteur on Torture have drawn attention to Manning’s case and treatment – and the arrest of three activists protesting in support of Manning has drawn additional attention – but the U.S. government still has not set a date for Manning’s trial.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013