U.S. troops are on their way to Nigeria to help fight Boko Haram, in yet another newfangled military intervention into Africa. Boko Haram are an Islamic terrorist group, but its not clear what danger they’ve ever presented to America. Nevertheless, this new war is not much different from the Obama administration’s other martial adventures in the region, in Somalia with al Shabaab, in Uganda with the Lord’s Resistance Army, and beyond.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013