The US drone war in the tribal regions of Pakistan continue to exact a heavy toll on civilians, including the elderly, women, and children – and two teenagers, age 16 and 12, who were killed last week. There exists no evidence that either of these two had any links to militants, and since journalists are banned from the region, it is hard to get to the truth of the carnage behind America’s drone program. Other victims of drones have survived, like the teenage boy called Saadullah, who lost three of his relatives, both legs, one eye and his hope for the future. “What’s going on here, unfortunately, is murder,” says one British lawyer.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013