The military rulers in Egypt’s interim government are growing increasingly rigid and domineering, determined to continue Mubarak’s failed attempt to crush the popular protest movement. The draconian leadership is peddling national lines about themselves as the nation’s foremost patriots all while moving to forcefully silence their critics. They insist they have no wishes to stay in power beyond the elections slated for early 2013, but the Egyptian youth worry their actions speak louder than their words.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013