The defense industry and their associates in government continue to issue ominous warnings about the drastic hit to the economy the country would take if deep budget cuts become a reality. But a look at the revenue stream of top weapons manufactures like Lockheed Martin reveals steady profit margins even if the cuts take place. And warnings about significant job losses in states that manufacture weapons and warplanes ignore the vastly more productive jobs that could be created if the taxes previously redistributed to defense firms get to stay in the constructive economy.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013