Congressional leaders are falling over one another to show their support for Israel by moving to punish the Palestinian Authority for seeking United Nations membership by revoking the $600 million in annual aid the US sends to Palestinians. But the public display of pro-Israeli affection is mere political grandstanding, as opposed to serious policymaking. As even former President Bill Clinton has said,“Everybody knows the U.S. Congress is the most pro-Israel parliamentary body in the world. They don’t have to demonstrate that.” Even the Obama White House and the Israel government itself are objecting to revocation of US aid as too harsh a response.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013