After a decade of war in Afghanistan, exhaustive support for a corrupt government, and training and weaponizing security forces with loyalty to themselves and themselves only, many troops are losing confidence in the war effort. Their disillusionment was on display in a recent survey that showed less than half believe the mission is likely to succeed and over 40 percent disapproving of Barack Obama’s handling of the war.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013