The Obama administration’s plan to pour $65 million into Egypt this year, supposedly to help organize new political parties, has sparked a powerful backlash from the interim military government, Islamist parties and even some reform-minded activists. Groups taking American money are seen as agents of a foreign government and Egyptians are loath to allow another American puppet rule their country.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013