ISIS is the prime suspect tonight after five simultaneous car bombings in the Gaza Strip which targeted leaders of the armed wings of Hamas and Islamic Jihad. The Gaza Interior Ministry reported arrests but did not indicate who they captured.
The five bombings all took place within 15 minutes of one another, with explosives planted in the cars of five leaders while parked in front of their respective homes. None of the five were apparently injured in the attacks, though two others were wounded
ISIS has been targeting Hamas for awhile now, and is the most probable such attack, though so far they hadn’t been after Islamic Jihad. No one has claimed credit for the attacks so far, which is not unusual when the bombs fail to kill people.
At the same time, Hamas has recently released confession videos of members of the Fatah-run Palestinian Authority who said they were ordered to bomb vehicles in the Gaza Strip, and there is some speculation this could be related to that plot.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Seeks to Negotiate a Broad Treaty With Iran - September 19th, 2018
- Despite Pledge Not to, Germany Approves Sale of Arms to Saudi Arabia - September 19th, 2018
- State Dept: ISIS, al-Qaeda Adapting After Recent Losses - September 19th, 2018
- Thousands Return Home in Northwest Syria After Deal Prevents Offensive - September 19th, 2018
- North, South Korea to Form Joint Military Committee - September 19th, 2018