Tensions between the Obama Administration and the Israeli government are at an all-time high, with many experts warning that the relations are near a breaking point. So far that’s not impacting the Israeli lobbying for US funds.
Israeli officials are said to be lobbying Congress for another $300 million in subsidies for missile defense programs, above and beyond over $3 billion they are already tapped to receive in military aid this year.
In the past, Congress has given Israel everything it sought and more as a matter of course, and the Republican leadership is probably still inclined that way, since the acrimony is extremely partisan in nature.
Still, Congressional Democrats may not be as willing to just rubber stamp Israeli aid as they once were, particularly while Prime Minister Netanyahu is openly undermining US diplomacy.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Foreign ISIS Fighters Left in Raqqa Face 'Certain Death' - October 22nd, 2017
- US-Made Vehicles Led Iraqi Invasion of Kurdish Town - October 22nd, 2017
- Niger Ambush Serves as Excuse for AFRICOM to Seek More Funds - October 22nd, 2017
- Catalan Leaders Vow to Resist Spain's Attempted Takeover - October 22nd, 2017
- Spain Seeks Huge Power Transfer in Trying to Oust Catalan Leadership - October 22nd, 2017