Senior Israeli officials familiar with the situation say that the Obama Administration has begun significantly limiting information sharing with them with respect to the ongoing Iran nuclear negotiations.
The State Department denied earlier reports that they had cut off contact with Israel’s National Security Adviser, but did not directly address the reports that they are keeping their information sharing limited.
It makes perfect sense, however, with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu having promised last week that he will do “anything” he can to sabotage the negotiations between Iran and the West.
Israeli officials said they think the information sharing has slowed over fears Israel will leak details of the negotiations that aren’t supposed to be public, and could try to damage the talks that way.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Abbas: Campaign for Jerusalem Has Begun - July 23rd, 2017
- US Coalition Sees a 'Lot More' to Do in Syria After Raqqa - July 23rd, 2017
- US Likely to Get Dragged Into Any Kurdish Conflict With Assad - July 23rd, 2017
- Iran and Iraq Sign New Military Cooperation Deal - July 23rd, 2017
- Ceasefire Announced in Damascus Suburb of Eastern Ghouta - July 23rd, 2017