Senior Israeli officials familiar with the situation say that the Obama Administration has begun significantly limiting information sharing with them with respect to the ongoing Iran nuclear negotiations.
The State Department denied earlier reports that they had cut off contact with Israel’s National Security Adviser, but did not directly address the reports that they are keeping their information sharing limited.
It makes perfect sense, however, with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu having promised last week that he will do “anything” he can to sabotage the negotiations between Iran and the West.
Israeli officials said they think the information sharing has slowed over fears Israel will leak details of the negotiations that aren’t supposed to be public, and could try to damage the talks that way.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Report: US Airstrikes Killed 433 Civilians in Raqqa in August - September 20th, 2017
- 51 Countries Ratify UN Nuclear Weapons Ban - September 20th, 2017
- Russia Says 850 Nusra Fighters Killed in North Syria in 24 Hours - September 20th, 2017
- Spanish Police Step Up Catalonia Raids to Try to Block Referendum - September 20th, 2017
- US Allies Split on Trump's Threat to Destroy North Korea - September 20th, 2017