Senior Israeli officials familiar with the situation say that the Obama Administration has begun significantly limiting information sharing with them with respect to the ongoing Iran nuclear negotiations.
The State Department denied earlier reports that they had cut off contact with Israel’s National Security Adviser, but did not directly address the reports that they are keeping their information sharing limited.
It makes perfect sense, however, with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu having promised last week that he will do “anything” he can to sabotage the negotiations between Iran and the West.
Israeli officials said they think the information sharing has slowed over fears Israel will leak details of the negotiations that aren’t supposed to be public, and could try to damage the talks that way.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Attacks Sinai Mosque, at Least 235 Killed - November 24th, 2017
- Afghan Farmers: US Airstrikes on Opium Labs Won't Work - November 23rd, 2017
- Ousted Catalan Ruling Party Backs Off Independence, Seeks Talks - November 23rd, 2017
- Report: Trump Revealed Israeli Operation in Syria to Russian Envoy - November 23rd, 2017
- Calm Returns to Luhansk as Enclave's President Flees to Moscow - November 23rd, 2017