A new video from ISIS shows a young boy of indeterminate age executing a pair of “Russian spies” who the group claimed to have captured, and who were interrogated on the video.
One of the men confirmed he previously had worked for Russia’s FSB security agency, and was told to collect information abut ISIS. The other was a Kazakh citizen who also claimed to have been recruited to spy on ISIS.
Such video confessions are common in the Middle East, and are often coerced. There was no further information on either of the men, though ISIS did claim that one of them had killed an ISIS fighter.
Though ISIS videos often feature children, this is the first time a child was seen to have carried out an execution in one of the videos.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Drone Strikes Kill 31 People in Pakistan Tribal Areas - October 17th, 2017
- Catalonia Won't Renounce Independence, Despite Looming Deadline - October 17th, 2017
- Pentagon May Stop Training Iraqis Amid Kurdish Conflict - October 17th, 2017
- Kurdish Forces Abandon Territory In Face of Iraqi Offensive - October 17th, 2017
- Syrian Kurds Declare Victory in Raqqa, But Face Complicated Peace - October 17th, 2017