A new video from ISIS shows a young boy of indeterminate age executing a pair of “Russian spies” who the group claimed to have captured, and who were interrogated on the video.
One of the men confirmed he previously had worked for Russia’s FSB security agency, and was told to collect information abut ISIS. The other was a Kazakh citizen who also claimed to have been recruited to spy on ISIS.
Such video confessions are common in the Middle East, and are often coerced. There was no further information on either of the men, though ISIS did claim that one of them had killed an ISIS fighter.
Though ISIS videos often feature children, this is the first time a child was seen to have carried out an execution in one of the videos.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Taliban Captures 150 Afghan Soldiers Who Tried to Flee the Country - March 17th, 2019
- Saudi Crown Prince Launched Covert Campaign Against Dissent Before Khashoggi Murder - March 17th, 2019
- Pentagon Uses China to Justify Huge Budget Increase - March 17th, 2019
- South Korea May Hold Talks With North to Ease Tensions With US - March 17th, 2019
- UN Security Council Faults South Korea Over Unreported Oil Shipment to North Korea - March 17th, 2019