A new video from ISIS shows a young boy of indeterminate age executing a pair of “Russian spies” who the group claimed to have captured, and who were interrogated on the video.
One of the men confirmed he previously had worked for Russia’s FSB security agency, and was told to collect information abut ISIS. The other was a Kazakh citizen who also claimed to have been recruited to spy on ISIS.
Such video confessions are common in the Middle East, and are often coerced. There was no further information on either of the men, though ISIS did claim that one of them had killed an ISIS fighter.
Though ISIS videos often feature children, this is the first time a child was seen to have carried out an execution in one of the videos.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Army Makes Major Gains in Eastern Ghouta - March 23rd, 2018
- Kurdish Rebels Flee Iraq Border Area, Anticipating Turkish Attack - March 23rd, 2018
- Trump Signs New Bill Slashing Aid to Palestinians - March 23rd, 2018
- Russia Intends to Substantially Cut Military Spending Over Next Five Years - March 23rd, 2018
- Majority of $1.3 Trillion US Omnibus Spending Bill Goes to Military - March 23rd, 2018