The details of the ongoing war in Gaza are sometimes unclear because of harsh military censorship inside of Israel, but the Israeli military today confirmed at least nine soldiers were killed in attacks in Gaza, including five slain in combat and another four killed by mortar fire.
That brings the official Israeli count to 52 soldiers killed during the war, along with three Israeli civilians. The Gaza toll has not been updated in almost 48 hours now, but stands at 1,139 Palestinians killed, overwhelmingly civilians.
Hamas is claiming the Israeli toll is even higher, in official statements claiming they had killed 91 soldiers and wounded hundreds. Israel has not publicly released the number of wounded.
Though polls still show the war is popular in Israel, expect that number to decrease as their conscripted military sees higher death tolls in the continuing invasion of the tiny strip.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Adds Another $200 Million to Ukraine Military Aid - July 20th, 2018
- Cleric Sadr Calls for Delay in Forming Iraqi Govt as Protests Grow - July 19th, 2018
- Putin: Talks on Extending START Nuclear Treaty Must Start Now - July 19th, 2018
- Trump Invites Putin to White House for Second Summit - July 19th, 2018
- Afghan Defense Ministry Confirms Civilians Killed in Kunduz Airstrike - July 19th, 2018