Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has vowed that the Israeli military will continue its invasion of the Gaza Strip “with full force,” and that ground forces are “making big gains” in Gaza.
Exactly what the “big gains” on the ground are remained unspoken, and most of the focus in Netanyahu’s comments were on his success in petitioning the FAA to overturn its ban on flights to Israel.
Death tolls in the Gaza Strip have continued to soar, and Israel is facing growing criticism for the massive percentage of civilians killed, and large number of hospitals and schools they’ve hit in the offensive.
But exactly what is being accomplished in the war is totally unclear. Hamas is believed to be running low on rockets, but that is more a function of them having a finite amount of ammunition in a long, drawn out war.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- New Cyberattack Using NSA Exploit Spreads Across the World - June 27th, 2017
- US Attacks ISIS Prison, Killing Dozens of Civilians - June 27th, 2017
- Pentagon, State Dept 'Clueless' on Trump's Assad Allegation - June 27th, 2017
- Trump Wants High-Profile Meeting With Putin at G20 Summit - June 26th, 2017
- House Spending Bill Threatens to Suspend Nuclear Treaty With Russia - June 26th, 2017