Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has vowed that the Israeli military will continue its invasion of the Gaza Strip “with full force,” and that ground forces are “making big gains” in Gaza.
Exactly what the “big gains” on the ground are remained unspoken, and most of the focus in Netanyahu’s comments were on his success in petitioning the FAA to overturn its ban on flights to Israel.
Death tolls in the Gaza Strip have continued to soar, and Israel is facing growing criticism for the massive percentage of civilians killed, and large number of hospitals and schools they’ve hit in the offensive.
But exactly what is being accomplished in the war is totally unclear. Hamas is believed to be running low on rockets, but that is more a function of them having a finite amount of ammunition in a long, drawn out war.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iran FM Says US 'Action Group' Will Fail to Overthrow Iran - August 19th, 2018
- North Korea Praises Trump, Bashes His Critics - August 19th, 2018
- As Afghan President Announces Ceasefire, Pompeo Says 'Time for Peace' - August 19th, 2018
- Iraq Supreme Court Ratifies Election Results, Sadr Still Leads - August 19th, 2018
- Pentagon Spokesman: US to Stay in Iraq as Long as Needed - August 19th, 2018