Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has vowed that the Israeli military will continue its invasion of the Gaza Strip “with full force,” and that ground forces are “making big gains” in Gaza.
Exactly what the “big gains” on the ground are remained unspoken, and most of the focus in Netanyahu’s comments were on his success in petitioning the FAA to overturn its ban on flights to Israel.
Death tolls in the Gaza Strip have continued to soar, and Israel is facing growing criticism for the massive percentage of civilians killed, and large number of hospitals and schools they’ve hit in the offensive.
But exactly what is being accomplished in the war is totally unclear. Hamas is believed to be running low on rockets, but that is more a function of them having a finite amount of ammunition in a long, drawn out war.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- South Korea Turns Off Loudspeakers Aimed at North Korea - April 23rd, 2018
- Saudi Warplanes Attack Wedding Party in NW Yemen, Killing Dozens - April 23rd, 2018
- Senate Panel OKs Pompeo After Rand Paul Flip - April 23rd, 2018
- Iraq Says 36 ISIS Killed in Thursday's Syria Strike - April 22nd, 2018
- Trump Denies Making Too Many Concessions to North Korea - April 22nd, 2018