Holder: Threat Most Frightening Thing I've Seen
According to Attorney General Eric Holder, the Obama Administration is increasingly concerned about the Islamists in Syria forging significant ties with bomb-making experts from Yemen.
The US has been making much of the threat posed by bomb-making experts from Yemen’s al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) faction, potentially targeting aircraft in the US.
Holder said the concern centered on these bomb-makers and the large number of foreign Islamist fighters in Syria, many of them from Europe, saying it is the most frightening thing he’s seen in his time as attorney general.
The administration has warned that Islamists with EU passports might return after the Syrian Civil War with ties to international jihadists. The concern now is that they may also return with advanced bombs.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- UK Police: ISIS Schoolgirls Won't Be Prosecuted as Terrorists - March 10th, 2015
- Ultraconservative Cleric Elected New Head of Iran Leadership Council - March 10th, 2015
- Israeli FM Calls for 'Disloyal' Arabs to Be Beheaded - March 10th, 2015
- Iraqi Forces Claim Gains in Tikrit, Say ISIS Retreating - March 10th, 2015
- Republican Presidential Candidates Endorse Iran Letter - March 10th, 2015