Holder: Threat Most Frightening Thing I've Seen
According to Attorney General Eric Holder, the Obama Administration is increasingly concerned about the Islamists in Syria forging significant ties with bomb-making experts from Yemen.
The US has been making much of the threat posed by bomb-making experts from Yemen’s al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) faction, potentially targeting aircraft in the US.
Holder said the concern centered on these bomb-makers and the large number of foreign Islamist fighters in Syria, many of them from Europe, saying it is the most frightening thing he’s seen in his time as attorney general.
The administration has warned that Islamists with EU passports might return after the Syrian Civil War with ties to international jihadists. The concern now is that they may also return with advanced bombs.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Kurds Seize Most of NE City of Hasakeh From Govt - August 23rd, 2016
- US Efforts Fail to Rein in Iraqi Shi'ite Militias - August 23rd, 2016
- Israel's 50 Raids on Gaza in 2 Hours Raises Concerns About DM's Security Plan - August 23rd, 2016
- Former CIA Asset Seeks to Militarize East Libya - August 23rd, 2016
- Biden: Ignore Trump, US Committed to Baltic States Permanently - August 23rd, 2016