Holder: Threat Most Frightening Thing I've Seen
According to Attorney General Eric Holder, the Obama Administration is increasingly concerned about the Islamists in Syria forging significant ties with bomb-making experts from Yemen.
The US has been making much of the threat posed by bomb-making experts from Yemen’s al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) faction, potentially targeting aircraft in the US.
Holder said the concern centered on these bomb-makers and the large number of foreign Islamist fighters in Syria, many of them from Europe, saying it is the most frightening thing he’s seen in his time as attorney general.
The administration has warned that Islamists with EU passports might return after the Syrian Civil War with ties to international jihadists. The concern now is that they may also return with advanced bombs.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iraq PM: Saudi Troops in Syria Would Be 'Dangerous Escalation' - February 10th, 2016
- Afghan Police Officer Killed After Attacking NATO Delegation - February 10th, 2016
- Erdogan Slams US for Not Declaring Syrian Kurds Terrorists - February 10th, 2016
- NATO DMs Agree to More Troops on Russia Frontier - February 10th, 2016
- Rebels Feel 'Abandoned' by US in Face of Syrian Offensive - February 10th, 2016