Holder: Threat Most Frightening Thing I've Seen
According to Attorney General Eric Holder, the Obama Administration is increasingly concerned about the Islamists in Syria forging significant ties with bomb-making experts from Yemen.
The US has been making much of the threat posed by bomb-making experts from Yemen’s al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) faction, potentially targeting aircraft in the US.
Holder said the concern centered on these bomb-makers and the large number of foreign Islamist fighters in Syria, many of them from Europe, saying it is the most frightening thing he’s seen in his time as attorney general.
The administration has warned that Islamists with EU passports might return after the Syrian Civil War with ties to international jihadists. The concern now is that they may also return with advanced bombs.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Obama's Terror Policy Criticized Amid Claims of 'Progress' - July 2nd, 2015
- Egypt Attacks ISIS Targets in North Sinai, Killing 35 - July 2nd, 2015
- As Egypt Lashes Out at ISIS, Gaza Could Be in Line of Fire - July 2nd, 2015
- Egypt May 'Invite' Israel to Join Sinai Fight Against ISIS - July 2nd, 2015
- Afghan Troops Raid Doctors Without Borders-Run Hospital - July 2nd, 2015