According to Attorney General Eric Holder, the Obama Administration is increasingly concerned about the Islamists in Syria forging significant ties with bomb-making experts from Yemen.
The US has been making much of the threat posed by bomb-making experts from Yemen’s al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) faction, potentially targeting aircraft in the US.
Holder said the concern centered on these bomb-makers and the large number of foreign Islamist fighters in Syria, many of them from Europe, saying it is the most frightening thing he’s seen in his time as attorney general.
The administration has warned that Islamists with EU passports might return after the Syrian Civil War with ties to international jihadists. The concern now is that they may also return with advanced bombs.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Drone Strikes Kill 31 People in Pakistan Tribal Areas - October 17th, 2017
- Catalonia Won't Renounce Independence, Despite Looming Deadline - October 17th, 2017
- Pentagon May Stop Training Iraqis Amid Kurdish Conflict - October 17th, 2017
- Kurdish Forces Abandon Territory In Face of Iraqi Offensive - October 17th, 2017
- Syrian Kurds Declare Victory in Raqqa, But Face Complicated Peace - October 17th, 2017