Holder: Threat Most Frightening Thing I've Seen
According to Attorney General Eric Holder, the Obama Administration is increasingly concerned about the Islamists in Syria forging significant ties with bomb-making experts from Yemen.
The US has been making much of the threat posed by bomb-making experts from Yemen’s al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) faction, potentially targeting aircraft in the US.
Holder said the concern centered on these bomb-makers and the large number of foreign Islamist fighters in Syria, many of them from Europe, saying it is the most frightening thing he’s seen in his time as attorney general.
The administration has warned that Islamists with EU passports might return after the Syrian Civil War with ties to international jihadists. The concern now is that they may also return with advanced bombs.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- First Day of Syria Talks Show No Sign of Progress - January 23rd, 2017
- Iraq PM Orders Investigation Into Torture, Killings During Mosul Invasion - January 23rd, 2017
- Iraq Backs Off Claims of Eastern Mosul Victory - January 23rd, 2017
- Senate Confirms Mike Pompeo as New CIA Director - January 23rd, 2017
- No Decision for US to Move Israeli Embassy to Jerusalem - January 23rd, 2017