Holder: Threat Most Frightening Thing I've Seen
According to Attorney General Eric Holder, the Obama Administration is increasingly concerned about the Islamists in Syria forging significant ties with bomb-making experts from Yemen.
The US has been making much of the threat posed by bomb-making experts from Yemen’s al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) faction, potentially targeting aircraft in the US.
Holder said the concern centered on these bomb-makers and the large number of foreign Islamist fighters in Syria, many of them from Europe, saying it is the most frightening thing he’s seen in his time as attorney general.
The administration has warned that Islamists with EU passports might return after the Syrian Civil War with ties to international jihadists. The concern now is that they may also return with advanced bombs.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Kenyan Troops Raid Somalia, Kill 100 Over Saturday Bus Attack - November 23rd, 2014
- Suicide Bomber at Afghan Volleyball Game Kills 50 - November 23rd, 2014
- Afghans Approve Troop Deal, US Already Breaking It - November 23rd, 2014
- 'Jewish State' Bill Advances, Threatens to Break Israel's Coalition - November 23rd, 2014
- Amid Weekend Push, Talks of Extending Iran Nuclear Talks - November 23rd, 2014