Russian Foreign Ministry officials are increasingly dismissive of US complaints about last month’s annexation of Crimea, insisting its time for them to just learn to live with the reality of the situation.
Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov took the mocking a step further, saying the “childish tantrums” of the US weren’t going to accomplish anything, and advising them to “maybe watch some sitcoms” to chill out.
Ryabkov went on to say it was a “joke” that the US was making moves to suspend so many trivial types of cooperation, saying there was no reason to cancel meetings between meteorologists.
The US and NATO, apparently oblivious to all of this, continue to ratchet up the rhetoric over Crimea, with NATO claiming today that Russia is violating “every principle and international commitment it has made” with the Crimea annexation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Multiple Bombings Kill 40 Across Pakistan - June 23rd, 2017
- Obama Ordered Cyberweapons Implanted Into Russia's Infrastructure - June 23rd, 2017
- Pakistan: We Won't Tolerate Drone Strikes on Our Soil - June 22nd, 2017
- Iraq PM: Destruction of Mosul Mosque Proves ISIS Is Defeated - June 22nd, 2017
- Turkey: US Promised to Take Back Kurds' Arms After ISIS Is Defeated - June 22nd, 2017