Russian Foreign Ministry officials are increasingly dismissive of US complaints about last month’s annexation of Crimea, insisting its time for them to just learn to live with the reality of the situation.
Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov took the mocking a step further, saying the “childish tantrums” of the US weren’t going to accomplish anything, and advising them to “maybe watch some sitcoms” to chill out.
Ryabkov went on to say it was a “joke” that the US was making moves to suspend so many trivial types of cooperation, saying there was no reason to cancel meetings between meteorologists.
The US and NATO, apparently oblivious to all of this, continue to ratchet up the rhetoric over Crimea, with NATO claiming today that Russia is violating “every principle and international commitment it has made” with the Crimea annexation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Palestinians Slam Planned US Embassy Move to Jerusalem - February 23rd, 2018
- White House Orders Military Parade for Veterans Day - February 23rd, 2018
- Turkish Army Attacks Afrin Convoy, Kurds Say It Was Full of Aid - February 23rd, 2018
- Nigeria Sends More Troops to Look for Missing Girls - February 23rd, 2018
- Trump Vows 'Largest Ever' North Korea Sanctions, Threatens Ominous 'Phase Two' - February 23rd, 2018