Russian Foreign Ministry officials are increasingly dismissive of US complaints about last month’s annexation of Crimea, insisting its time for them to just learn to live with the reality of the situation.
Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov took the mocking a step further, saying the “childish tantrums” of the US weren’t going to accomplish anything, and advising them to “maybe watch some sitcoms” to chill out.
Ryabkov went on to say it was a “joke” that the US was making moves to suspend so many trivial types of cooperation, saying there was no reason to cancel meetings between meteorologists.
The US and NATO, apparently oblivious to all of this, continue to ratchet up the rhetoric over Crimea, with NATO claiming today that Russia is violating “every principle and international commitment it has made” with the Crimea annexation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israel-Hamas Ceasefire Talks Halt Amid PA Threats - September 23rd, 2018
- China Cancels US Military Talks to Protest Sanctions - September 23rd, 2018
- US Airstrike Kills 18 in Southern Somalia - September 23rd, 2018
- Syrian Observatory: US-Led Coalition Killed 3,300 Civilians in Four Years - September 23rd, 2018
- Jihadist Group Rejects Turkey-Russia Deal on Syria's Idlib - September 23rd, 2018