Fresh off a visit to Israel, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey claimed a “closer understanding” had been reached with Israel on the need to keep threatening Iran.
Gen. Dempsey insisted the US was keeping the option “in mind” and that he believes his meeting ended with Israel more confident of America’s belligerence toward Iran.
Dempsey’s Israeli counterpart, Benny Gantz, reported strong cooperation with the US and seemed pleased by what he termed “augmented assurances” about the US plans to attack Iran.
The US and Israel have often publicly spatted about Iran, with Israel condemning diplomacy in general and expressing dissatisfaction with the number of times the US threatens to attack, believing the US should do so much more often.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon Looks for Another Job for McMaster, Possibly Afghanistan - February 22nd, 2018
- Russia Blocks UN Ceasefire Call on Eastern Ghouta Over Islamists' Inclusion - February 22nd, 2018
- Aid Group Faults Saudi 'Aid' Plan for Yemen as War Tactic - February 22nd, 2018
- Top Turkish Official Accuses Kurds of Releasing ISIS for Terror Attacks - February 22nd, 2018
- Kurdish YPG Urges Syrian Army to Help Stop Turkish Invasion - February 22nd, 2018