Fresh off a visit to Israel, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey claimed a “closer understanding” had been reached with Israel on the need to keep threatening Iran.
Gen. Dempsey insisted the US was keeping the option “in mind” and that he believes his meeting ended with Israel more confident of America’s belligerence toward Iran.
Dempsey’s Israeli counterpart, Benny Gantz, reported strong cooperation with the US and seemed pleased by what he termed “augmented assurances” about the US plans to attack Iran.
The US and Israel have often publicly spatted about Iran, with Israel condemning diplomacy in general and expressing dissatisfaction with the number of times the US threatens to attack, believing the US should do so much more often.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Saudi Coalition Offers Plan to 'Protect' Hodeidah as Civilians Flee - June 22nd, 2018
- Taliban Kill Four, Kidnap Scores in Southern Afghanistan Raid - June 22nd, 2018
- US, Afghan Forces Killed Over 160 ISIS in Three-Week Offensive - June 22nd, 2018
- North and South Korea Agree to New Round of Family Reunions - June 22nd, 2018
- Hamas Negotiating 'Comprehensive Deal' for Truce With Israel - June 22nd, 2018