Claims 'Close Understanding' Reached With Israel
Fresh off a visit to Israel, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey claimed a “closer understanding” had been reached with Israel on the need to keep threatening Iran.
Gen. Dempsey insisted the US was keeping the option “in mind” and that he believes his meeting ended with Israel more confident of America’s belligerence toward Iran.
Dempsey’s Israeli counterpart, Benny Gantz, reported strong cooperation with the US and seemed pleased by what he termed “augmented assurances” about the US plans to attack Iran.
The US and Israel have often publicly spatted about Iran, with Israel condemning diplomacy in general and expressing dissatisfaction with the number of times the US threatens to attack, believing the US should do so much more often.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli Military Tells Families of Terror Suspects Their Homes Will Be Demolished - February 5th, 2016
- Recent Syrian Gains in Aleppo Could Make ISIS a Target - February 5th, 2016
- Syrian Army Captures Town Near Jordan Border - February 5th, 2016
- Slowly But Surely, Afghan Taliban Unite Behind Mullah Mansour - February 5th, 2016
- At Least 30 Killed in Heavy Fighting in Southeast Libya - February 5th, 2016