Fresh off a visit to Israel, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey claimed a “closer understanding” had been reached with Israel on the need to keep threatening Iran.
Gen. Dempsey insisted the US was keeping the option “in mind” and that he believes his meeting ended with Israel more confident of America’s belligerence toward Iran.
Dempsey’s Israeli counterpart, Benny Gantz, reported strong cooperation with the US and seemed pleased by what he termed “augmented assurances” about the US plans to attack Iran.
The US and Israel have often publicly spatted about Iran, with Israel condemning diplomacy in general and expressing dissatisfaction with the number of times the US threatens to attack, believing the US should do so much more often.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- UN Aid Chief Slams Saudis for Blocking Yemen Aid - August 18th, 2017
- Top US General: Attack on Japan Same as an Attack on US - August 18th, 2017
- Saudi Arabia Courts Iraq Alliance, Offering Reconstruction Aid - August 18th, 2017
- Assad Advisor: Syrian War Effectively Over - August 18th, 2017
- North Korea Sees Planned US-South Korea Wargames as 'Catastrophe' - August 18th, 2017