The Tehreek-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP) killed at least 20 soldiers and wounded 30 others in a bomb attack on a military convoy in Bannu, near North Waziristan Agency.
The convoy was headed to North Waziristan’s town of Razmak when an IED hit one of the rented vans the troops were being transported in, leading to a promise of a probe by the Pakistani government.
Pakistani Army attack helicopters fired against a house in the area around Musaki, killing a five-year-old girl and a seven-year-old boy within. The official statement ruled the slain “militants.”
The TTP confirmed orchestrating the attack on the convoy, saying it was revenge for US drone strikes which killed top leaders Hakimullah Mehsud and Wali-ur Rehman.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- North Korea 'Threat' to Guam Greatly Overblown - August 15th, 2017
- South Korean President Says He Can Veto War Against North Korea - August 15th, 2017
- ICC Issues Warrant for Ally of Libyan Gen. Hafter for War Crimes - August 15th, 2017
- Taliban Open Letter Urges Trump to Withdraw US Troops From Afghanistan - August 15th, 2017
- Iran Threatens to Quit Nuclear Deal If US Keeps Adding Sanctions - August 15th, 2017