The Palestinian delegation to the United States has filed an official complaint following Sen. Chuck Schumer’s (D – NY) characterization of Palestinians in and of themselves as a “threat.”
Schumer made the comments at a fundraiser for Orthodox Jewish welfare organization OHEL Children’s Home and Family Services, likening the Palestinians to the “threat” of hypothetical nuclear weapons.
Schumer bragged that every time “the Palestinians have risen against us, we have risen to defeat them,” going on to say that a similar action was needed to stop Iran’s civilian nuclear program, which he termed a similarly “existential threat.”
Schumer’s comments were meant to play up Senate efforts to prevent a diplomatic deal between the P5+1 and Iran, something Israel vehemently opposes. The Palestinians appear to have been an after thought, but the Palestinian delegation clearly didn’t feel that way.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018