The Palestinian delegation to the United States has filed an official complaint following Sen. Chuck Schumer’s (D – NY) characterization of Palestinians in and of themselves as a “threat.”
Schumer made the comments at a fundraiser for Orthodox Jewish welfare organization OHEL Children’s Home and Family Services, likening the Palestinians to the “threat” of hypothetical nuclear weapons.
Schumer bragged that every time “the Palestinians have risen against us, we have risen to defeat them,” going on to say that a similar action was needed to stop Iran’s civilian nuclear program, which he termed a similarly “existential threat.”
Schumer’s comments were meant to play up Senate efforts to prevent a diplomatic deal between the P5+1 and Iran, something Israel vehemently opposes. The Palestinians appear to have been an after thought, but the Palestinian delegation clearly didn’t feel that way.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- NATO Warns Russian Missile Might Violate Missile Treaty - December 15th, 2017
- US Allegations of Iran Missiles in Yemen Met With Skepticism - December 15th, 2017
- Mattis: North Korean Missiles Not a 'Capable Threat' Against US - December 15th, 2017
- Israeli Troops Kill Four Palestinians, Wound 160 at Friday Protests - December 15th, 2017
- Trump Allies: Tillerson Hasn't Learned His Lesson - December 15th, 2017