The Palestinian delegation to the United States has filed an official complaint following Sen. Chuck Schumer’s (D – NY) characterization of Palestinians in and of themselves as a “threat.”
Schumer made the comments at a fundraiser for Orthodox Jewish welfare organization OHEL Children’s Home and Family Services, likening the Palestinians to the “threat” of hypothetical nuclear weapons.
Schumer bragged that every time “the Palestinians have risen against us, we have risen to defeat them,” going on to say that a similar action was needed to stop Iran’s civilian nuclear program, which he termed a similarly “existential threat.”
Schumer’s comments were meant to play up Senate efforts to prevent a diplomatic deal between the P5+1 and Iran, something Israel vehemently opposes. The Palestinians appear to have been an after thought, but the Palestinian delegation clearly didn’t feel that way.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- South Korea Leader Reverses Stance, Now Backs Trump Against North Korea - June 28th, 2017
- United Arab Emirates: Qatar Faces Fresh Sanctions, 'Permanent Isolation' - June 28th, 2017
- Senate Committee Passes $700 Billion Military Spending Bill - June 28th, 2017
- Mattis: Syria Fight Will Only Get More Complicated After Raqqa Is Captured - June 28th, 2017
- Mattis Claims White House Threat to Syria 'Worked' - June 28th, 2017