The Palestinian delegation to the United States has filed an official complaint following Sen. Chuck Schumer’s (D – NY) characterization of Palestinians in and of themselves as a “threat.”
Schumer made the comments at a fundraiser for Orthodox Jewish welfare organization OHEL Children’s Home and Family Services, likening the Palestinians to the “threat” of hypothetical nuclear weapons.
Schumer bragged that every time “the Palestinians have risen against us, we have risen to defeat them,” going on to say that a similar action was needed to stop Iran’s civilian nuclear program, which he termed a similarly “existential threat.”
Schumer’s comments were meant to play up Senate efforts to prevent a diplomatic deal between the P5+1 and Iran, something Israel vehemently opposes. The Palestinians appear to have been an after thought, but the Palestinian delegation clearly didn’t feel that way.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- White House Assembling a Team for Upcoming North Korea Summit - March 16th, 2018
- US Shifts Toward Harsher Stance on Russia With Sanctions and Condemnation - March 16th, 2018
- Putin Furious After Britain Says He Ordered Attack - March 16th, 2018
- Cluster Bombs Reportedly Dropped on Syria's Eastern Ghouta - March 16th, 2018
- Turkey Attacks Hospital in Syria's Afrin, Killing Nine - March 16th, 2018