Al-Qaeda faction Jabhat al-Nusra has released a new video showing its fighters executing 10 captured Syrian soldiers in the Deir Ezzor Province, dubbed “apostate soldiers” in the video.
Deir Ezzor was also where Syrian General Jamaa Jamaa was assassinated yesterday, killed by sniper fire during a battle with unnamed al-Qaeda factions, and the indications are that heavy fighting continues across the province.
Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported at least 30 Syrian soldiers were killed across the province, a figure which includes the 10 killed in the video executions.
The province is just one front in the ongoing civil war, and fighting was also reported in several other places nationwide, including in Aleppo Province, where several different villages are being contested.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkey: Kurdish Banner in Raqqa Proves US Sided With Terrorists - October 20th, 2017
- Many Afghan Troops Run Away While in US to Train - October 20th, 2017
- Spain to Start Catalonia Takeover Saturday - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Deaths Highlight Growing US Involvement in Africa - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Ambush the Result of 'Massive Intelligence Failure' - October 20th, 2017