Al-Qaeda faction Jabhat al-Nusra has released a new video showing its fighters executing 10 captured Syrian soldiers in the Deir Ezzor Province, dubbed “apostate soldiers” in the video.
Deir Ezzor was also where Syrian General Jamaa Jamaa was assassinated yesterday, killed by sniper fire during a battle with unnamed al-Qaeda factions, and the indications are that heavy fighting continues across the province.
Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported at least 30 Syrian soldiers were killed across the province, a figure which includes the 10 killed in the video executions.
The province is just one front in the ongoing civil war, and fighting was also reported in several other places nationwide, including in Aleppo Province, where several different villages are being contested.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Philippine Police Conduct Door-to-Door Drug Tests in Manila's Poor Neighborhoods - August 23rd, 2017
- Lockheed, Raytheon Get Contracts for New Nuclear Cruise Missile - August 23rd, 2017
- 16 Years Into War, Taliban's Presence Across Afghanistan Growing - August 23rd, 2017
- Yemen's Houthis Ban Political Activity Ahead of Planned Capital Rally - August 23rd, 2017
- US Has Thousands More Troops in Afghanistan Than Official Figure - August 23rd, 2017