Al-Qaeda faction Jabhat al-Nusra has released a new video showing its fighters executing 10 captured Syrian soldiers in the Deir Ezzor Province, dubbed “apostate soldiers” in the video.
Deir Ezzor was also where Syrian General Jamaa Jamaa was assassinated yesterday, killed by sniper fire during a battle with unnamed al-Qaeda factions, and the indications are that heavy fighting continues across the province.
Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported at least 30 Syrian soldiers were killed across the province, a figure which includes the 10 killed in the video executions.
The province is just one front in the ongoing civil war, and fighting was also reported in several other places nationwide, including in Aleppo Province, where several different villages are being contested.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Administration Says 2001 AUMF Authorizes Endless Iraq, Syria Presence - February 22nd, 2018
- Most of the Missing Nigerian Girls Found After Boko Haram Attack - February 21st, 2018
- Iraqi Ambassador Slams Turkish 'Invaders' on Iraqi Soil - February 21st, 2018
- Trump Plan Seeks Major Boost to Already Record Arms Sales - February 21st, 2018
- Syria Sends More Fighters to Afrin in High-Stakes Standoff With Turkey - February 21st, 2018