Al-Qaeda faction Jabhat al-Nusra has released a new video showing its fighters executing 10 captured Syrian soldiers in the Deir Ezzor Province, dubbed “apostate soldiers” in the video.
Deir Ezzor was also where Syrian General Jamaa Jamaa was assassinated yesterday, killed by sniper fire during a battle with unnamed al-Qaeda factions, and the indications are that heavy fighting continues across the province.
Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported at least 30 Syrian soldiers were killed across the province, a figure which includes the 10 killed in the video executions.
The province is just one front in the ongoing civil war, and fighting was also reported in several other places nationwide, including in Aleppo Province, where several different villages are being contested.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Russian, Syrian Airstrikes in Aleppo Province Displace Hundreds - December 12th, 2017
- Congress Ignores Trump's Iran Deal Deadline - December 12th, 2017
- Two Islamic Jihad Militants Killed in Gaza Blast - December 12th, 2017
- Trump Signs $692 Billion Military Spending Bill - December 12th, 2017
- USAID Chief: No Sign Saudis Easing Yemen Blockade - December 12th, 2017