Israel has clearly been quite comfortable with the idea of the US attacking Syria, but new revelations suggest that behind the scenes they have actually been the driving force on selling the Obama Administration on the narrative behind it.
The US has conspicuously insisted that the rebels’ story is “undeniable” even though they have never presented any proof of it, but the secret “proof” which is never put forth for public scrutiny apparently comes straight from Israeli intelligence.
According to the reports, Israeli military intelligence told the US they had wiretapped the Syrian government and heard them talking about using chemical weapons, insisting that “proved” that they were the ones who did it.
Israel has been pushing these stories multiple times, always citing dubious secret evidence that the public never gets to see. The administration, itself a big fan of secret proof that they don’t have to defend, has been only too eager to latch on to the idea, and it has now pushed them into an impending war.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Faces Showdown With Congress Over Saudi Arms Deal - May 28th, 2017
- Mattis: US Intends No ISIS to Survive the War - May 28th, 2017
- Congressional Hawks Expect Battle for Military Spending Hikes - May 28th, 2017
- Israel Jails Palestinians Who 'Fit the Terrorist Profile' - May 28th, 2017
- Palestinian Detainees End Hunger Strike, Claim Major Concessions Made - May 28th, 2017