This is business as usual for Afghanistan, where every day seems to hold more bloody attacks, and the Afghan government, along with NATO occupation forces, continue to trumpet “progress” that doesn’t seem to mean anything on the ground.
Today, the Afghan military is trumpeting “ongoing operations” in Logar and Nangarhar, claiming that they have killed 83 militants in that fighting, while only loosing three of their own fighters.
The Afghan Defense Ministry’s kill counts are almost always disputed by local fighters within a day or two, but the accuracy of the gaudy tolls are really beside the point since similar offensives have been ongoing for over a decade and haven’t amounted to any meaningful changes on the ground.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Russian, Syrian Airstrikes in Aleppo Province Displace Hundreds - December 12th, 2017
- Congress Ignores Trump's Iran Deal Deadline - December 12th, 2017
- Two Islamic Jihad Militants Killed in Gaza Blast - December 12th, 2017
- Trump Signs $692 Billion Military Spending Bill - December 12th, 2017
- USAID Chief: No Sign Saudis Easing Yemen Blockade - December 12th, 2017