This is business as usual for Afghanistan, where every day seems to hold more bloody attacks, and the Afghan government, along with NATO occupation forces, continue to trumpet “progress” that doesn’t seem to mean anything on the ground.
Today, the Afghan military is trumpeting “ongoing operations” in Logar and Nangarhar, claiming that they have killed 83 militants in that fighting, while only loosing three of their own fighters.
The Afghan Defense Ministry’s kill counts are almost always disputed by local fighters within a day or two, but the accuracy of the gaudy tolls are really beside the point since similar offensives have been ongoing for over a decade and haven’t amounted to any meaningful changes on the ground.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Claims ISIS 'Rebuilding' in Syria as Turkey Invasion Distracts From Fight - March 19th, 2018
- Turkey's Erdogan Vows Wider Offensive Against US-Backed Syrian Kurds - March 19th, 2018
- Russia Demands British Apology as EU, NATO Express Solidarity With Britain - March 19th, 2018
- Trump, Kim Summit Likely to Be Held in DMZ Village - March 19th, 2018
- Afghan Special Forces Slaughter Farmers in Chaotic Errant Attack - March 19th, 2018