A suicide bombing in front of the Supreme Court, just one day after a major attack on the airport in the capital city. Afghanistan is going through a surge from the Taliban’s “spring offensive” that threatens to continue unchecked.
The Taliban’s attacks are more numerous and more ambitious, targeting security forces in direct attacks as well as the indirect strikes that were more common in past years.
Despite the enormous number of attacks, the Afghan military issued a statement dismissing concerns, saying that they were confident that the Taliban poses no “major threat” to the Afghan government.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli Tanks Attack Syrian Army Post Over Errant Mortar Fire - October 19th, 2017
- Syrian Kurds Holding Foreign ISIS Leaders - October 19th, 2017
- ISIS Seizes Villages South of Kirkuk as Iraq Focuses on Kurds - October 19th, 2017
- Pentagon Opens Niger Ambush Probe, Seeking Details on What Happened - October 19th, 2017
- State Dept Contradicts Trump on Cuba 'Attack' Accusation - October 19th, 2017