A suicide bombing in front of the Supreme Court, just one day after a major attack on the airport in the capital city. Afghanistan is going through a surge from the Taliban’s “spring offensive” that threatens to continue unchecked.
The Taliban’s attacks are more numerous and more ambitious, targeting security forces in direct attacks as well as the indirect strikes that were more common in past years.
Despite the enormous number of attacks, the Afghan military issued a statement dismissing concerns, saying that they were confident that the Taliban poses no “major threat” to the Afghan government.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli Ambassador to France Slammed for Attempt to Censor News - October 16th, 2018
- Suspects in Journalist's Disappearance Linked to Saudi Crown Prince - October 16th, 2018
- Erdogan: Turkey to Expand Military Operations Against Syrian Kurds - October 16th, 2018
- Koreas Agree to Reconnect Rail, Road Links - October 16th, 2018
- Erdogan: Toxic Materials Found in Saudi Consulate - October 16th, 2018