Another Civilian Also Wounded in Herat Shooting
Details are still scarce, but officials are confirming that US troops attacked a civilian bus in the Herat Province, in the Adraskan District. The attack killed one civilian and wounded another.
So far there have been no comments from US officials as to why the bus was attacked, but it was traveling on the same Kabul-Herat highway as the US convoy was, and it is not unusual for US troops to perceive anything else on the road as a “threat” and start attacking it.
This is the second report incident of civilians killed this year in Herat. In February, four civilians were killed in the cross-fire between a NATO and Taliban gunbattle in the province.
It is also the second incident of US troops killing civilians this week, with 11 children killed in a US air strike in Kunar Province, on the other side of the country, earlier this week.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Ukraine Grants ‘Special Status’ for East to End War - September 16th, 2014
- Free Syrian Army Won't Join US Anti-ISIS Coalition - September 16th, 2014
- Pentagon Admits: US Advisers May Fight Alongside Iraqi Troops - September 16th, 2014
- Iraqi Shi'ite Cleric Sadr Warns US Soldiers Could Be Targeted if They Return - September 15th, 2014
- US Arms Makers See Rising Demand for Anti-Aircraft Missiles - September 15th, 2014