Israeli Attorney General Yehuda Weinstein has backed a controversial decision by the Education Ministry to defend a West Bank religious school, the Od Yosef Chai Shechem Yeshiva, citing the large number of violent attacks coming out of the school.
Students from the yeshiva, which has received substantial funds from US groups, have been implicated in attacks on nearby Palestinian towns, including several “price tag” attacks and the burning of a mosque.
Even more troubling, Weinstein noted that the rabbis who teach at the school have refused to provide information about students involved in the attacks, and on occasion have spoken in support of the “price tag” movement.
The government has repeatedly attempted to defund the yeshiva, but has faced several appeals. This time, they ruled that continued funding what not just against Israel’s values, but a direct danger to public safety.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Catalans Rally at Barcelona Parliament, Push for Independence - October 21st, 2017
- Turkey: Kurdish Banner in Raqqa Proves US Sided With Terrorists - October 20th, 2017
- Many Afghan Troops Run Away While in US to Train - October 20th, 2017
- Spain to Start Catalonia Takeover Saturday - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Deaths Highlight Growing US Involvement in Africa - October 20th, 2017