Tensions along the Kashmiri Line of Control (LoC) continue to worsen today, with reports that a Pakistani military position in Tatta Pani was shelled by Indian artillery, killing one Pakistani soldier and sparking Pakistani retaliation.
It was the fourth confirmed death in the ongoing fighting along the LoC, which has been ongoing since the weekend, when a Pakistani soldier was slain in what was called a cross-border attack on a checkpoint.
After the weekend attack, two Indian soldiers were slain in an ambush on the road to Jammu, and Indian officials claimed that either one or both of the bodies were mutilated, and one was beheaded. Pakistan has denied the charges.
Whatever the particulars of the incidents, both sides continue to insist they are the aggrieved party, and both are continuing to promise significant retaliatory attacks, suggesting that the border dispute will continue to grow for the foreseeable future.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Seizes More Villages, on the Outskirts of Syria's Aleppo - October 9th, 2015
- Israeli Stabs Four Arabs in Southern Israel - October 9th, 2015
- Seven Palestinians Killed, 470 Wounded as Israel Extends Crackdown - October 9th, 2015
- NATO Commander Backs Independent Investigation Into Hospital Attack - October 9th, 2015
- US Gunship Repeatedly Pounded Clearly Identified Hospital - October 9th, 2015