Struggling to right their own struggling poll numbers, Kadima Party leader Shaul Mofaz is seeking to reinvent his centrist party as an alternative to the single-mindedly hawkish Likud-Beiteinu bloc and its leader Benjamin Netanyahu.
“Netanyahu is busy with only one thing – bombing Iran. Nothing else interests him,” Mofaz warned, saying the prime minister was ignoring domestic issue and focusing on “only his uncontrollable urge to bomb Iran.”
Mofaz ended his press conference by introducing a new campaign banner emblazoned with the slogan “Bibi is entangling us,” and lashed the combination of the “irresponsible man” Netanyahu and the “unrestrained man” Lieberman as “dangerous for Israel.”
Kadima, like most other parties, is running against the Likud-Beiteinu far-right bloc, but while the left-center seems to be showing major gains in recent polls as an alternative, Kadima continues to struggle with single-digit seats and some polls showing they may be out of parliament entirely.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Denies Making Too Many Concessions to North Korea - April 22nd, 2018
- Iran Vows 'Vigorous' Enrichment of Uranium if US Quits Nuclear Deal - April 22nd, 2018
- Syrian Forces Advance into Islamist-Held Area South of Damascus - April 22nd, 2018
- Chemical Inspectors Complete Visit to Syria's Douma - April 22nd, 2018
- As Korea Talks Progress, Mainstream Media Try to Derail Peace - April 22nd, 2018